Saturday, February 5, 2011

And she's back!

So, apparently I went underground for awhile. Surprise, life has been crazy busy as of late! Work, gym, dinner, bed...and repeat. No complaints, though! I love my life. :)

We finally got some worthwhile snow this week, with that gigantic storm that went through. Every other storm has somehow missing us this winter (while dumping huge amounts of snow on other parts of the state), but I was finally satisfied with the snowfall on Wednesday. We have about a foot and a half on the ground...it's a winter wonderland out there! And today it's sunny, so it's extra gorgeous.

Hubby is coaching his last practice of the season right now and I'm lounging in my jammies, eating breakfast. Tonight we're meeting two of our favorites - Heather and Chris - in Plattsburgh for dinner at Mangia (I did extra cardio last night in preparation for their amazing Caesar salad and fettucine alfredo) and a movie. Can't wait! I love a good double date. And, to make things even better, Heather and Chris got engaged a week ago today! This will be the first time we'll have seen them since they became fiancée and fiancé. I'm so excited to see Heather's ring!

So, I bought Hubby's Valentine's Day gift yesterday and I am sooo freaking excited about it. He doesn't read my blog (although he knows it exists), so I feel safe writing about it. I bought us tickets to see Syracuse play Rutgers in Syracuse on February 19th! Hubby is a hardcore Syracuse fan (you can tell watching his games; he uses a lot of their plays), so he will love it. Despite the fact that our seats are as far up and back as you can get (see the little tiny red dot? That's where we're going to be sitting):


Then I got us a room at the Doubletree Syracuse...for $8.25! Can I get a woot? I used all of our AmEx points and they paid for most of it! The only catch is that the room is non-refundable, so please no sickness, bad weather, or any other complications.

My plan is to print out the tickets and the hotel confirmation and slip them into the Valentine's Day boxers that I bought for Hubby:
Then, when I give them to him, I'll ask him to try them on and then the tix and hotel confirmation will fall out. Or should I buy him a new Syracuse t-shirt and hide them in the shirt and then just give him the boxers separately? Decisions, decisions!

Well, time for me to go. This house is a pigsty right now and I need to change that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment