Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy 2011!

January 1st. What a perfect day to start something new, right? I've been meaning to start a blog for some time (mostly since I got married just over six months ago), but never got around to it. However, with it being a new year, why not? Along with the more typical resolutions - visit the gym six days a week, pay off credit card debt, and stop procrastinating - I resolve to blog! Both to keep my far away family and friends up to date on what's going on in my life and for me to look back on one day.

So, first things first. I'm a 27-year-old gal from upstate New York (well, not originally from...I moved here from Athens, Georgia a little over two years ago, graduated from high school and went to college in the Atlanta area, grew up in Washington State, and was born in South Carolina...oh, and I also managed to live in Illinois and California for brief periods of time!). I'm a newlywed; I married my best friend last June 19th and I couldn't be happier! Married life is so much fun and I love experiencing life together.

I love my husband, family and friends, shopping, traveling, cooking, cats, coffee, the color pink, University of Georgia football, sushi (with tons and tons of wasabi), playing poker, and a good book. I love trying new things (for example, my husband and I went to a Brazilian steakhouse in Burlington, Vermont for dinner last night and one of the many things we ate was chicken heart, something that neither one of us had ever tried before!). I'm all about the simple things (something like a phone call from a friend or a Diet Coke will make my day). I know that I'm blessed beyond belief and I am so thankful for all of the amazing people in my life!

I'm so excited about 2011 and all that it has to offer. Happy New Year!

1 comments:

Tory said...

My reasons for blogging are the same... and we have so many similar resolutions. ;) Twins!

Post a Comment