Sunday, January 2, 2011

Hi from Margarita Night!

I'm enjoying a yummy (and well-deserved) margarita...I vacuumed the stairs to the basement this morning (essentially torture, in my opinion...probably my least favorite chore, other than folding sheets) and I told myself that if I completed the task (and vacuumed the area in the basement where the washer and dryer are...and did four loads of laundry), I would treat myself and the Mr. to margarita night tonight!

Hubby made my favorite steak (marinated in Spiedie Sauce...OMG, best marinade ever; if you haven't heard of it, it's probably because it's local-ish - from the Binghamton, NY area...I had never heard of it until I moved here) with his garlic mashed potatoes (which are out of this world; he doesn't follow a recipe, so they are a little different every time...but always outstanding).

Speaking of Hubby, I think that he thinks that I've lost my mind...he's DJing for us tonight (using Grooveshark) and I've asked him to play "Electric Feel" by MGMT five times. That's probably my favorite song ever, next to (or maybe tied with) "Stuck In A Moment You Can't Get Out Of" by U2.

Tomorrow I start my new schedule at work: 7AM-3:30PM (my company is generously letting us try out "flex time"). I am so excited. Not about the getting up at 5:30 and leaving the house by 6:15 part, but about the being done with my workday at 3:30 part.

We just got done playing our twice weekly online poker game with our friends (something that we decided to do when Fantasy Football was over). So, about poker...I used to think that the idea of it was so boring. Before I met Hubby, I had no desire to ever play. I mean, the way poker players sit around a table looking at cards always looked about as fun as watching paint dry to me. When Hubby and I met, he tried to teach me about poker (since it's his thing; he's played since college and he is really good)...he even took out a piece of construction paper and ranked the different Hold 'Em hands (in pink Crayola crayon, no lie) and none of it made any sense to me. However, after we had been dating for a little longer, I decided that I wanted to learn how to play...I mean, if he likes it so much, there's gotta be something great about it, right? So, I bought Poker for Dummies off of Amazon and asked him to teach me to play. And surprise...I LOVE it! I love the psychological aspect of trying to figure out what cards people have based on how they play them. And I also love that people think that I will play a certain way just because I'm girl...it can be very helpful!

Quote of the Day: "Don't sweat the small stuff...and it's all small stuff."

0 comments:

Post a Comment